Looking for a friendly, professional recording studio in Manchester?
“As part of our service we offer free consultations – pop in for a brew, a chat, a quick tour of the place and a listen to some of our stuff. We can discuss how best to plan your project and how to make the most of your time”
We are a recording studio in Manchester that loves creating and producing music. Our clients consistently (and voluntarily!) give great feedback and appreciate how we always take a creative and enthusiastic approach to recording and mixing (take a look at our testimonials and projects).
We’ve got loads of tricks up our sleeves when it comes to mixing and if you’re looking for additional composition input then we are happy to provide support. Subtle composition or performance changes can often work wonders on a track and we have the ears and experience to recognise the little details.
Control & Live Rooms
Both rooms are acoustically treated to support accurate mixing and high quality recording of any instrument. The live room is L19ft x W14ft x H9.8ft and large enough for a 4 piece band to perform together.
For those who need more space, or want the acoustic properties of something bigger, then our large hall, complimented by our residential grand piano, may be of interest. Its dimensions are L57ft x W25ft x H15.5ft. That huge John Bonham drum sound is right here for rock bands, whilst the natural size and ambiance of the hall is perfect for Jazz and Orchestral ensembles.
The recording studio has been built and is run by Andy Garvey and Andrew Hammond, both of whom are degree graduate sound engineers with experience working across several disciplines within the music industry. Both engineers are practicing musicians who can work creatively within any genre. Their personal composition catalogue spans Rock, Pop, Folk (American, Irish and British), Rap, Hip Hop and R’n’B, Traditional West African music, electronic soundscapes, other experimental genres and more.
- Top quality, current generation Motu 16a Audio Interface
- Sixteen crystal clear Audient ASP800 Pre-Amps
- Slate RAVEN multi-touchscreen mixing console
- Six Core Mac Pro tower
- Yamaha HS8 speaker pair
- Avantone Mix Cube
- 3U Audio Warbler MKVID matched pair (3U is a currently hidden gem of a company, producing some incredibly top quality microphones – amazing sound!)
- 3U Audio Teal CM1 matched pair
- Octava MK-012 Matched Pair + single vintage Octava MK012
- Shure SM7b
- 2 x vintage 1970’s Senheiser MD421-N
- Audix D6
- Shure Beta 52
- Rode M3
- 4 x Shure SM57
- 3 x Shure SM58
- 2 x PZM Mics
- Yamaha Grand Piano
- Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH with custom Baby ’71 Humbuckers by The Creamery Pick-ups (check availability)
- Burns Marquee Guitar with Alnico ‘Rez-O-Matic’ pickups
- Handwired Vox AC15hwx with Celestion Alnico Gold speaker
- VHT Special 6 Ultra with Tung Sol valves.
- 1980’s Marshal 4×12 Cab with G12H-100 Speakers
- Vox 1×12 Celestion Greenback cab
- Tama Drum Kit (further detail to come)
- Percussion (check for specifics)
Software and Plugins
- Logic X
- Soundtoys (full bundle including EchoBoy and Decapitator)
- FabFilter Pro-Q 2 + Pro-G
- Waves CLA Classic Compressors
- Steven Slate Trigger 2 for quick Drum Sample applications
- Every Slate Digital plugin
- Valhalla Vintageverb
- Many more!